2100 sq. ft. -
3 Bedrooms -
3 Bedroom, 2.5 Bath Beach Villa on Siesta Key, FL
- The Beach - The home is located on the ocean side of Beach Rd., so you just walk out your door and through our private access path. It’s literally 230 feet to Siesta Key Beach. No busy roads to cross and no need to find parking.
- Seconds to Siesta Key Village – The home is located right next to Siesta Key Village. You are a one block walk away from restaurants, bars, boutiques, and ice cream shops.
- Large Home – The home has just over 2,000 square feet on the top two levels and includes 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, lanai, and in-unit laundry. We also have a 1,000 square foot ground level that has the main entrance foyer and 2.5 car garage. It comfortably sleeps 8-10 people.
- Privacy & Security – The home is part of a development of four homes. It has its own gated driveway, garage, and entrance. This is not a high rise or large vacation rental development. When you stay at The Shells Villa you feel like you are in a home, not an apartment or hotel room.
- Amenities & Décor – The villa is elegantly appointed to make you feel at home. It has luxury finishes such as three flat screen TVs, surround sound audio, beautiful art work, fireplace, oriental rugs, and comfortable furniture. Free cable, Internet (wireless or wired), phone, beach toys/chairs, and gas grill are also included.
- Peace of Mind – Don’t leave anything to chance. The Shells Villa is locally managed and the office is located within walking distance of the home, so if you run into any issues you know we will be there to help.
Back To Home Info
Ready to book?
04/01/14 - 04/30/14
05/01/14 - 08/31/14
May - August 2014
09/01/14 - 11/30/14
Sept - Nov 2014
12/01/14 - 12/31/14
01/01/15 - 01/31/15
02/01/15 - 03/31/15
Feb - March 2015
04/01/15 - 04/30/15
05/01/15 - 08/31/15
May - August 2015
09/01/15 - 11/30/15
Sept - Nov 2015
12/01/15 - 12/31/15
01/01/16 - 01/31/16
02/01/16 - 03/31/16
Feb - March 2016
- Payments: $500 per week of rental due at booking and remainder 60 days prior to check in
- Check-ins (4 pm) and check-outs (10 am) are on Saturdays (applies to monthly renters as well)
- We allow dogs with a $150 pet cleaning fee
- No damage deposit is required, but our $45 damage fee is non-refundable
- Our monthly rates are for four weeks (28 nights)
- We accept credit cards with a 3% fee on the base rental rate
- By booking with us you agree to our Terms and Conditions
- We accept bookings up to two years in advance
Fees & Taxes
|Online Booking ($0 if pay by check)||3.00%|
from Villa Park, IL
Review Submitted: Oct 03, 2013
Date of Stay: Oct 2013
Amazing Siesta Key vacation
My family and I stayed at the shells Villa for a week. My twin 2 year old boys loved the 2 minute walk to the beach and all of the sand toys. The house is beautiful and has everything you need for your stay. We even used the ABC Rental recommendation for booster seats and cribs. We had an amazing vacation and are telling all of our friends and family about Shells Villa. We never used our rental car. We walked to the Siesta Village for dinner every night , less than a 5 minute walk. We loved how convenient the location of the house is to the beach, shopping and restaurants. Originally posted to our HomeAway listing.
Review Submitted: Nov 15, 2013
Date of Stay: Nov 2013
We just returned from a week stay at the Shells villa and we absolutely loved it! We have stayed in other properties on Siesta Key over the years, but this was by far the best one. Not only due to the fabulous location within walking distance to the village, but also the proximity to the beach. We had 10 people in our villa and everyone slept comfortably, the elevator was great for loading groceries and coolers and suitcases and the kids loved the bunk room. If I had to give one "negative" it would be that there is no ocean view at all from the villa, but we didn't mind because we were on the beach all day anyway and then at night we were in town. I would highly recommend this and would absolutely stay here again. Originally posted on HomeAway.
from Tinley Park, IL
Review Submitted: Dec 02, 2013
Date of Stay: Oct 2013
Great Siesta Key accommodations!
We stayed at the Shells Villa and had an outstanding time! The location is ideal - a short walk through a private path to the world class Siesta Key beaches and a block from the Siesta Key village which has a number of restaurants, bars, shops, etc. Almost everything you would need is within walking distance. The accommodations were also outstanding. The house is very spacious and could certainly fit many more than our family of 5. It is also very modern, well kept and provided all the comforts and amenities that you would have at home. We have stayed in many other rental properties but this was our favorite. I would highly recommend it for anyone traveling to Siesta Key. Copied from our HomeAway listing.
P: (941) 270-3121
● How big is the home? The Shells Villa has three bedrooms and 2.5 baths. One of the bathrooms is attached to the master bedroom. The total square footage of the home is just over three-thousand (3,000). There are three floors with each floor being 1,000 square feet.
● What's on each floor? The ground floor has the private two and a half car garage, secured storage area, and entry foyer. The main floor contains the kitchen, pantry, dining room, living room, half bath, and lanai. The upstairs floor contains the master bedroom / bath, guest bedroom, bunkbed room, laundry area, linen closets, and common bathroom.
● Does the home have views of the beach or ocean? Although the home is practically on the beach it does not have any direct views of the beach or ocean because it faces Beach Road. If you are standing on the main floor lanai you can see a limited and obstructed view of the ocean and beach. For a zoomed in picture of this view go to our photos page.
● How many beds does the home have? There are two (2) queen size beds, two (2) full size bunk beds, two (2) twin size bunk beds, one (1) sleeper sofa, and two (2) inflatable twin air beds.
● How close to the Village area is the unit? The Shells Villa is just a half block away from where Beach Rd turns into Ocean Blvd. This intersection is the beginning of the Siesta Key Village. The Siesta Key Village or as the locals call it "The Village" is where many of the restaurants, boutiques, bars, and ice cream shops are located. It is considered the heart of Siesta Key.
● Does the home have a pool? No, we don't have a pool in the complex, but there are two public pools within a short drive. 1. The Sarasota YMCA Splash & Water Park Complex at 8301 Potter Park Drive, Sarasota, FL 34242, phone 941-922-9622 has four sections including a splash pool, water slides, sprinkler park, and aquatic center for the serious swimmers. It caters to all swimmers from toddlers to professionals. 2. The Lido Beach Pool is heated, open to the public and is located at 400 Ben Franklin Drive, Sarasota, FL. The pool is open Tuesday through Sunday from 10 am - 4:45 pm. The cost is $4 for adults and $2 for kids/seniors.
● Do you allow pets? Yes, we do allow dogs. There is an additional pet fee of $150. The fee is used to clean the carpets and upholstery after each pet rental.
● Can we bring our dog to the beach? Siesta Key is very pet friendly, but dogs are not allowed on the beach. If you want your dog to experience the water we suggest Bird Key Park. It is located at 200 John Ringling Causeway, Bird Key, Sarasota 34236.
● Are there laundry facilities in the home? Yes, there is a washer and dryer in the unit.
● Does the home have an elevator? Yes, the unit has a private elevator that serves all three floors. The elevator is available for convenience purposes only and should not be considered for individuals or families that require 100% elevator up-time. As this is a single elevator in a private home (not a hotel), if the elevator needs to be serviced we do not have a backup option while the repairs are being made.
● How many TV’s are in the home? We have 3 flat screen TVs. There is one 47" flat screen television in the living room and two other 32" flat screen TVs in the bedrooms. Each one has Verizon cable and two have a DVD player. The living room has a Blu-Ray DVD player which also plays standard DVDs and CDs. The TVs cannot be moved to different rooms because cable is only setup in these areas.
● Does the home have a fireplace? Yes, it has a wood burning fireplace in the living room, but we only use it for decorative purposes and request that our renters do not use it to burn wood.
● Does the unit have a gas grill? Yes, there is a Weber gas grill and spare propane tanks stored in the garage that are available for renter use.
● What else is available for renter use? There are sand toys, beach chairs, wheeled cooler, wagon and beach umbrellas stored in the garage. The unit also has bath & beach towels and bed linen. Due to wear & tear and lost items, we cannot guarantee that any specific piece of beach equipment or sand toy will be available at the time of your rental.
● Does the home have a crib or high chair? There is a high chair in the home, but no crib. We routinely work with ABC Rentals at 866-342-2446 and they can coordinate delivery of cribs, toddler beds, or other beach rentals so that the items can be in the home before you arrive. They have reasonable prices and great customer service.
● Does the home have a telephone and Internet? Yes, there is a telephone in the unit that includes free local calls. The unit also has Verizon FIOS high speed Internet access which can be connected to via a Cat5 line or via wireless access. You will need to provide your own computer/laptop.
● Is The Shells Villa owned by a large company? No, the Shells Villa is owned by Orazio & Julie B. We live in Chicago and have three young children (9,7,4) and use the home for family vacations. It's the only home we have in Siesta Key.
● In addition to the base rental rate are there any other fees? There is a standard cleaning fee of $135 for a one week rental. For longer term rentals additional cleanings can be setup at time of booking for an additional $135 per cleaning. There is also a standard damage insurance fee that covers damage up to $1500. For up to date fees and rates see the Rates page on our website.
● Do taxes apply to my rental? Yes, there is a 12% hotel tax. All properly registered properties on Siesta Key are required to pay this amount.
● What is the payment schedule? Our standard payment schedule is to pay $500 per week of rental at time of booking with the remainder due 60 days before check in. For last minute or longer term bookings we adjust the schedule or amount accordingly so that all funds are received 60 days before booking.
● What is your cancellation process? Cancellations made greater than 60 days before check in will get refunded all funds less a cancellation fee of $250 for the first week of rental plus $200 for each additional week. Any cancellations made less than 60 days before check in will forfeit the entire rental amount. If a cancellation is made any funds due to the Tenant will be refunded pro-rata to the individuals who made the initial payment and in the same method.
● Why do you have a 60 day cancellation period? The Shells Villa is not a hotel and it is the only home we own on Siesta Key. On average we book renters 6-9 months out and cancellations made less than 60 days prior to check-in usually result in a vacancy. In order to keep our prices low we strive to rent our home in excess of 48 weeks per year. In order to accomplish our goal we need to book to renters that have firm plans.
● How does the damage deposit work? We no longer require a damage deposit. At time of booking you pay a flat damage fee that covers up to $1500 in accidental damages. In addition, we require a credit card at time of check in that will act as your deposit for damages in excess of $1500 or for violations of our rules and regulations. See Terms and Conditions.
● Where is the management office? Our management company handles all payments, check in & check out, keys, cleaning, maintenance, and emergencies. Their office is located in Siesta Key Village which is a short walk from the property. The address is 5127 Ocean Blvd., Sarasota, FL 34242.
Choose your dates on the left and see your total cost here.
* Price will include any applicable discounts, taxes, fees but will not include any refundable security deposits.
Choose some dates and get a quick estimate.
Estimate may not include any applicable discounts, taxes or fees.
Submit an inquiry to get a final quote.